Family is about security and standing together
Since 1974 infodas stands for family
We are an independent, family owned SME of the German “Mittelstand”. We stand for family oriented work-life-balance and family values at work. Our clients and employees are our family. We stand by them – today, tomorrow and in the future. Cybersecurity and cutting edge technology is our passion.
What makes us unique?
Cybersecurity and IT in the public sector and critical infrastructure
Trustworthy employees that are continuously trained and leave their mark on the personal and expertise level because they have an outstanding work-life balance.
We are one of the few companies in the information security space that managed to grow organically to a Cybersecurity consulting and product company.
We pursue our passion and remain loyal to our family values.
INFODAS at a glance
Independent family-owned business founded in 1974 in Cologne
Industry focus on Cybersecurity in the public sector and critical infrastructure
Offices in Cologne, Berlin, Bonn, Munich
Cybersecurity products & consulting
Together we make the digital world safer
Infodas works closely with clients and leading innovators from various industries to develop solutions for the challenges of digitization. We have technology and strategic partners. Our global network of resellers and system integrators provides on-site support for our international customers. Finally, we are active in various industry associations and working groups for Cybersecurity and defense.
Older than Apple and younger than Microsoft
Our story – From INFODATA to INFODAS
Watergate, oil crisis, Willy Brandt resigns as chancellor and Germany becomes world champion. For the Internet, basics like Ethernet and TCP were created while the Altair 8800 was the first commercially successful computer on the market. In 1974, when Dr Boell, Mr. Henselmann and Mr. Klinge decided to found an IT company in Cologne, times were truly turbulent and full of changes. Data was learning to run digitally and we wanted to be part of it and make it more secure.
Incorporation of INFODATA GmbH
The three founders wanted to develop a portable database system, communication solutions and do projects for the German armed forces (e.g. C4 systems).
Renaming to INFODAS GmbH
Due to brand name similarities with another company INFODATA had to be renamed to INFODAS to avoid a lawsuit.
Exciting times and first growth phase
- Support of FüGruSysH 90, HEROS 1, EIFEL
- 13 employees
Move into our HQ
infodas moves into its newly built office building at Rhonestr. 2, 50765 Cologne.
- Supporting HEROS 2 and PISA
- 1984: 32 employees
- Started to support various NATO projects which lasted up to the year 2010 such as Alternate War HQ, Deployable HQ, Allied Command Europe – Core Capability
- 1989: 93 employees
Tough economic times
- Restructuring and lay-offs
- 1994: 37 employees
Birth of SAVe
To make the work of Cybersecurity consultants more efficient infodas developed Secure Audit Verification (SAVe) as an Microsoft Access application.
Birth of RSGate (SDoT)
We started to work on our bi-directional Cross Domain Solution under the name “RSGate”
Launch of SDoT
Introduced our bi-directional Security Gateway as high-assurance data guard to the German market
Major contracts for Cybersecurity consulting
- The Cybersecurity consulting team won major framework contracts and deals with public sector clients
- Employees: 40
RSGate becomes SDoT
We changed the name of our bi-directional cross domain solution RSGate Version 4.0 to Secure Domain Transition (SDoT) Security Gateway
Expansion of our product and services portfolio
- Intensifying our collaboration with the Federal Office of Information Security (BSI) as part of our product R&D work
- Sold general license for our cross domain solutions to key German government clients
Changing of the guards
- Thorsten Ecke, Carsten Schulz and Lutz Franken become managing directors and shareholders of infodas
- 2016: 50 employees
SDoT Security Gateway receives German SECRET accreditation
- SDoT Security Gateway receives German SECRET accreditation by the Federal Office of Information Security (BSI)
- Opened office in Munich
- Employees: 80+
New offices and launch of international business
- Opened an office in Berlin
- Launched international business development activities
- Employees: 100+
- SDoT Security Gateway nominated for the German Innovation Award
- Opened an office in Bonn
- BSI certifies infodas as Cybersecurity and pentesting service provider for federal agencies
- SDoT Security Gateway Express receives German, EU and NATO SECRET accreditation
- SDoT Diode becomes the only software based data diode in the world with a German, EU and NATO SECRET accreditation ans transfer rates of up to 9.1 Gbit/s.
- Employees: 140+